Tuesday 2 October 2012

Good bye Summer...

When not at the cottage I spent quite a bit of time in this little corner of the backyard, stitching, reading and sipping my cup of tea...
And this weekend, it began to get too cold to sit outside for too long unless the sun was out and still the breeze is cold. And so the bench came inside, relegated to the dark, mostly unused basement.


 And my bicycle got brought in and put on the trainer, so I can ride it until I can take her out again in Spring...
                                                                   *Le Sigh*

I am not a huge fan of cold, or snow or winter in general...but I am sure we can all agree the one thing that everyone including myself loves about wintertime is Christmas! The crafting ideas are endless! And it's wonderful to give handmade gifts!
I am currently working on a Christmas themed swap with an old blogging friend Kym who by the way just had her first grandbaby boy! So I can't show you yet what I have been making but I assure you it's going to be cherished.

Last night I dug up any Christmassy fabric I had and this photo shows just how desperately I need to make a trip to the fabric store! Eeek! I feel naked! I need to stock up :)
This morning I headed to our local library and was thrilled to find four crafty books that I had never seen before, in fact I think that I am the first one to sign them out. Loaded with inspiration! YAY!
NOW I definately need to get my ass  butt to a fabric store!
I also signed out The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain <--LOVE him!

I don't usually do any Halloween crafting unless I am doing a themed swap, what are you working on right now? What kind of Halloween crafty things do you make?
Thank you to all my new readers! I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blogs and hope that we can keep one another smiling and inspired!

Enjoy your day!
Laurie Anne

6 comments:

  1. hey!!!!! so glad to see you back in blogland i will be looking forward to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually love to do Halloween crafting . . . trying to find the time this year. I do have some Halloween dolls cut out that I need to work on. Let's hope that happens this week. Enjoy your cooler weather . . . it is still over 100 where I live. We are getting excited about a forecast of 80 degrees. I am in the mood to make soup and bake. When it is 100 . . . it is just too hot for that. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! It's so good to discover your lovely blog....thanks for popping over to mine! Your fabrics look lovely...I hope you enjoy the start of your Christmas crafting....and I was delighted to spot my book there in your picture too :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thanks for stopping by my place. I, too, am not a friend with winter, alas and living in Canada, certainly eastern Canada means plenty of winter. But you do look organized! Now is the time to start crafting for Christmas, isn't it? I always make a few Christmas presents but I will confess I start shopping early - this year I bought my first present in May! So don't be a stranger, it is nice to know when someone has come by chez moi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the 'shout out' !! I'm so glad we are both blogging again, different blogs this time around, but very nice.
    I love your little cabin/lake house, you are so fortunate to have a 'get a way' place :-) I love the cold weather, but I know your sad because you can't get out and ride...it will be warm again before you know it!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!