Saturday 27 October 2012

Rainy day nesting


Hello Friends! Thanks for visiting...well, it's been raining here and pretty dreary to look at and this usually makes me feel like nesting.  The ONLY things I enjoy about the impending winter season is Christmas (of course!) and nesting...

I love baking, cooking stews, roasts and chili's... I love warm sweaters, jeans and boots...I love just watching the wood burn in the fireplace...I love countless hours of stitching, sewing and reading...I love cuddling on the couch with the hubby, and the kids, reading or watching a movie.

Soon it'll be time to say goodbye to these lovely crimson leaves outside our house...aren't they lovely...I am enjoying the view outside the windows.



This is my current embroidery project...still not finished...but almost! :) It's for one of my sister-in-laws as part of her christmas gift.

And this ball of fur is our  Moose ( Yup! all 8 lbs of him ) the kids named him, but he actually has SO many names! They call him Fanged Emperor, Hairy, Moosie, Mosquito, Moostafa, Muskrat, Moosealini....the list is endless...Poor little guy! The good news is he comes when called "Moose"

He is my sweet companion...he follows me everywhere I go, and prefers to sit in my lap while I stitch...Isn't he a cutie pie....
Here he is last week enjoying a pop of sunshine before the rains came.


Still working on those slippers...first attempt went rather badly and I spent a day with my trusty seam ripper, and cursing like a sailor ( where did that saying come from I wonder...were sailors notorius cursors??)
Then I threw the whole thing in the 'to-do' pile...I will get back to it this week I promise.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, doing whatever it is you are doing....
Just remember...KeepCrafty!

Laurie Anne xx

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gill...he is quite a sweetie :) Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Aaah, I love Moose. The stitching for your SIL looks great, gonna be a lovely gift. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! He is such a loveable creature, this photo doesn him little justice, I will have to get cuter ones...Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  3. Your embroidery looks lovely !
    Gaia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moose is a cutie. We have a cat that has a variety of names . . . I don't think we ever call him by his original name anymore. Love your stitching! Enjoy your nesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, he is a cutie pie...Thank you for always stopping by and leaving such sweet comments.
      Laurie Anne xx

      Delete
  5. What a cosy post! I love nesting too, and your description of it is perfect :) Love your new embroidery. Have a cosy, crafty week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen! Thank you for stopping by, I always love to read your comments, and am always in awe of your work...your blog is incredibly inspiring.
      Be well,
      Laurie Anne xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!